Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pai, you will be missed




Hej!

3 days after I wrote a post regarding my dog illness, she is gone. I really want to write a happy news full with miracles, but in reality a good things has so many different ways. For Pai, a good thing is really about going to rest forever, not in this world but the other world.

On monday morning, she was doing fine. When we say fine, it means that she has no drama in her usual morning, as she was having big trouble on breathing at morning time for past 1 week, she can lay down. Despite collapsed on Sunday noon, on the afternoon, she can even do a quick walk/run and knocking the door with her paw. It does seems that something better is coming. But then, it’s just a final energy she has.

On monday noon, she had seizures, she can’t even stand on her feet. Because she was having the heart enlargement, the ability of her heart pumping blood to her body is detoriated. As the result, her feet lost enough blood circulation and became stiff. She can only lay down on her side, while resting on her side means she doesn’t have enough strength to gasp for more oxygen. So, she was having severe breathing problem.

We immediately go home and decided instantly, we will not her wait in more pain. We decided to put her to sleep. We don’t want to push her to the edge, although we  know, even without our intervention, she only has few hours to hold on. She has been on oxygen for full 4 hours before the injection.  Seeing her suffer, is not in my option. So, putting her to sleep is definitely one thing I will do when the time comes. Hopefully, it is not way too late, because I won’t be able to put her to sleep while she’s still has sparkle in her eyes.

So, it happened. So quick, so calm. She left us, in tears and in relieve knowing that she’s no longer in pain.

Pai is our first and only dog for 9 years before we have addition of Twinkle.  Pai has been a family, we even joke every time that she’s the youngest daughter in family, and we even complete her name with our family name. For me, Pai has always been my first born. She has been with me since I was in university, for all of my milestones in life, she always there, to celebrate, to cry with. I even insisted to have her in our pre-wedding picture. I know she loved me so much, despite she normally only craved for food and have a mild form of dog-autism, I know that her feeling for me is different. Our bond is so strong, I gave my all for her, and so did she.

I lost a family, I lost a child. But I do believe that she’s happy now. I don’t know If dog goes to heaven, but I know my child is now in heaven, do what she likes most, eat and sleep. Til we meet again Pai. You don’t know how much I love you. I hope you’re happy while we’re together.

Missing you
Your mom


No comments:

Post a Comment