Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reason of not blogging recently

Wondering the slow blog update? Here’s why J

Today is day number 8 in new office and how I feel now? Mixed!

Culture wise, it is a very different between new and old office. There’s always a plus and minus. For the plus side, I learned a lot of new thing and these are very valuable learning in life. My boss seems to be a very good boss, although I can see how high he put his expectation on this role. So, I’d say that’s the not-so-comfortable one. This is a damn fine organization and I’d say a truly multi-national company.

The less comfortable part, of course, is when you used to know who/where to go in old office, but now it seems that all the connections you once had is now disappear and you start brand new day, as a stranger in a new place.

To add up, this organization is a very independent organization where people seems to walk alone, focus on work, not so much into social and relationship. While in the old office, our bond encompass office, family and personal relationship. Well, things has changed for me and I have to realize that it is always different elsewhere.

I once told my colleague during my in-between job period, “Mbak, surprisingly I don’t feel nervous of joining to a new company” and I contemplated her reply “Well, when I was in your position, I didn’t too. But you will feel nervous once you are in the company for the first weeks to months, coz it is where you start to feel that you no longer have the power and connections you used to have”. You are definitely right, mbak.

Definitely it is not comfortable when you do 2 major events in life at the same time, moving to new office and getting married. The one that need to sacrifice now is the marriage, as for me now, marriage is just another event that is less occupying my mind now. I know I shouldn’t do that, but I have no choice. Because I simply can imagine what and how to prepare a wedding, but I am still in dark and struggling to find a way to cup to a new job in new industry.

A lot of anxiety, huh? I can’t help it, but this is how I feel now.

No comments:

Post a Comment